Pegasus Airlines is a Turkish low-cost airline flying to Europe and Asia.
|Checked Baggage Allowance||6/10|
|Excess Baggage Fees||7/10|
One bag of up to 8kg is permitted as carry-on. Dimensions are limited to 20x40x55cm.+ Show Full Policy
This is baggage taken onto the plane by the passenger. Each passenger is permitted one item of carry-on baggage measuring 20 cm x 40 cm x 55 cm, and weighing a maximum of 8 kg.
The following are allowed to be carried on board without subjected to extra cost.
If there is no room in the cabin for these items, then they will be stowed in the hold and carried as checked baggage.
One hand bag suitable for traveling,
One overcoat, shawl, scarf or blanket,
One bag of duty-free shopping,
One umbrella (except those with pointed ends) or walking stick,
One baby carrycot or pushchair (can be placed in cargo),
One small camera or telescope,
Books and magazines to be read during the flight,
Collapsible wheelchair or pair of crutches (to be placed in cargo)
Baby food and carrycot to be used during the flight
One laptop computer
Excess Hand Luggage Fees
-If hand luggage of Guests who depart from one of out of Turkey destination with Pegasus Airlines, is determined as oversized or overweighed at boarding gate, 50 (70 CHF / 400 DKK / 46 GBP / 200 RUB / 500 SEK / 125 TL / 70 USD) shall be charged for it by loading under the aircraft.
- If hand luggage of Guests who depart from one of Turkey destination with Pegasus Airlines, is determined as oversized of overweighed at boarding gate, its weight is added onto checked baggage and excess collection shall be applied according to regarding routes rate in case there is excess weight.
Our guests may request an additional seat for their comfort (due to reasons such as health conditions), and also they may carry their valuable or fragile items, musical instruments and diplomatic baggage on board within the terms of our airlines.
Additional seat cannot be allocated for baggage items such as clothes, food etc.
Additional seat can be allocated only for one item This type of luggage has to be accompanied by a passenger, and reservation and payment is required for this additional seat.
Valuable or fragile items, musical instruments or diplomatic baggage have to be accompanied by a passenger.
Maximum weight is 10 kg for such items.
Additional seat has to be booked and paid for at the time of passenger's booking.
For additional seat, please contact Pegasus Call Centre and make the request.
European Union Regulations and Duty Free Applications for the Transportation of Liquid-Gel Goods
Goods that are liquid or of a similar consistency (gels, lotions, creams, toothpaste, sprays, and deodorants) can only be transported with the passenger in small quantities and in small packages.
- Each package has the limit of 100ml. The limit per passenger is 1 L and the bag should be visible with easily be opened. Transparent bags are to be removed by the owner of the hand luggage at security check points, shown to security personnel and put through the x-ray machine.
- The transparent bags need to be of the type generally used in freezers, which can be opened and resealed and which prevent leakages.
- Goods such as medicines and baby food are permitted to be transported in their own packaging but passengers need to remove them from their hand luggage and show them to security personnel at security check points.
These regulations are valid for international flights departing from Turkey. These regulations have been applied at Antalya Airport since April 15, 2009. The application of these regulations will be initiated on October 1, 2009, at Izmir Adnan Menderes, Milas Bodrum and Dalaman Airports and on January 1, 2010, at Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport. Transparent bags can be obtain from the check-in counters or from designated points in the airport
Duty-free shopping practices at the terminal and in flight in the terminal
- Stores will use specially stamped, transparent plastic bags for any items they sell. Store personnel need to place the receipt for the goods detailing sales information (the date and place of purchase) inside the bags so that this information can be read from the outside without opening the bag.
- The transparent bags belonging to the store must be sealed by store personnel and the passenger under no circumstances may open these bags until their final destination.
- Passengers purchasing goods from stores not following the regulations set out above risk having their items confiscated at security check points.
On flights with three stops or transit flights
(There is no differentiation between country or city. For example: AYT/ZRH/MUC/AYT or AYT/LNZ/SZG/AYT)
This information needs to be provided to passenger at the check-in stage at the latest prior to passing through to the departure lounge. Necessary studies are being carried out in order to devise various solutions in order to actualize this.
There is no limit on passengers purchasing liquid goods from duty-free shops in countries that are not EU members, including airports in Turkey, when they land at the airport of the first leg of their journey. (ZRH and LNZ in the above example).
However, passengers who have purchased items at duty-free stores in countries that are not EU members, including airports in Turkey, and who are to disembark at the second destination (MUC and SZG) will have their liquid goods confiscated by customs or security personnel and passengers will be forbidden from boarding the plane with these goods. Items that are not liquids or gels must also be transported in a transparent bag displaying a sales receipt detailing the item, and the bag must be closed with an unbroken seal. Bags and goods that do not adhere to these conditions will also be confiscated.
Due to security reasons, these items cannot be carried in restricted areas or on board:
- Any kind of weapons, guns, all sorts of firearms (pistols, six-shooters, revolvers, rifles, all grooved guns, all kinds of objects which may cause injuries or which have the capacity or which appear to be able to shoot off ammunition, counterfeit and imitation firearms, components of firearms (except for telescopic vision devices), air guns, balling guns, flare guns, starter's pistols, all kinds of toy guns, ball bearing guns, industrial rifle mechanisms, nail guns, bows and arrows, bricoles, catapults, spear guns, spears, pikes, underwater rifles, hunting guns and other guns to numb animals, stun guns, knockout guns, electroshock devices, ballistically managed energy guns (laser), lighters in the form of firearms,
- Sharp and pointed items which may cause injury such as weapons with pointed/sharp edges, sharp/pointed tips, sharp objects, axes, arrows, dart arrows, hooks, clamps, hook bars, crooks, iron bars in the shape of crooks, mountaineering crampons, crampon nails, spears, lances, pick axes, diggers, fold away pocket knives made from any length metal or any other metals including the ones with ritual, religious or hunting functions and powerful enough to be used as potential weapons, flick knives, lock knives, broadswords, meat cleavers, machetes, shaving razors, except for those when the sharp end is hidden in cartridges and/or except for disposable ones open razors and shavors, swords, bayonets, sword canes, lancets, bistouries, scalpels, surgical knives, scissors with any sharpness, skiing and walking sticks, poles, throwing stars, signal flares, drills, cutters, augers, screwdrivers, screwdriver or drill bits, fitters, wire cutters, nippers, tailor's cutters, multi-functional knives and pocket knives, repair and maintenance tools which may transform into a sharp and pointed weapon including all kinds of saws, screwdrivers, jimmy bars, levers, cranks, crowbars, crowfoots, clawhammers, hammers, mallets, pliers, needle nose pliers, pincers, nippers, spanners, adjustable spanners, blowtorches, soldering tools, underwater torches etc.
- Although they do not have sharp or pointed edges or ends, tools which may cause injury, tennis rackets, baseball bats, softball bats, hard or elastic golf clubs, batons, all kinds of canes, bars, sticks, truncheons, clubs, (thick and short batons covered with leather around the flexible shaft),
- maces, crooks, walking sticks, sticks, cricket bats, hockey and hurley sticks, lacrosse clubs, skiboards and canoe oars, skateboards, snooker cues, billiard cues, fishing rods, iron knuckledusters, sticks, truncheons, martial arts equipments such as daggers or swords,
- Items which threaten human health, posing a risk to the safety and security of the aircraft and its contents and/or passengers and the cabin crew: explosives, inflammable and combustible materials such as ammunitions, munitions, explosive capsules, caps, detonators, detonating cords, igniters, smoke bombs, fuses, explosive substances and devices, fake, imitation or duplicate explosive materials and devices, military explosive supplies such as mines, hand grenades, gases such as butane, propane, acetylene, oxygen and their containers, fireworks, all kinds of signal flares and other pyrotechnic ammunitions, insecure matches, metal or tin tobacco boxes or cartridges, inflammable liquid fuels such as petrol/gasoline/diesel, alcohol, ethanol, aerosol spray canisters, turpentine, terebentine, oil of turpentine, thinners, inflammable liquids such as paint thinners, alcoholic drinks with more than 70% alcohol rate,
- Chemical and toxic substances which threaten the human health posing risk to the safety and security of the aircraft and contents and/or passengers and the cabin crew: abrasives like mercury and chlorine which are contained within thermometers, fluid type batteries, acid, alkalines, detergents like bleach and whiteners, narcotic or knockout sprays such as pepper sprays, tear gases, radioactive substances such as medical or commercial isotopes, any contagious or biologically hazardous substances such as infected blood, bacteria or viruses, except for the ones kept within the requirements of the aircraft's emergency action plan and fire protocols, materials like fire extinguishers which might catch alight or heat up on its own due to oxidation.
Free baggage allowance is 15 kg for domestic flights and 20 kg for international flights. The baggage allowance of children under the age of two is 10 kg on all flights.
The contents of the baggage should comprise clothes.Valuable documents and jewelry, electronic goods, and items that can leak or break should not be placed in baggage.
In accordance with EU regulations, the maximum weight limit per piece of baggage is 32 kg.
Any baggage exceeding the free baggage allowance will be charged and may be paid for up to 4 hours prior to the flight on our website, by contacting our Call Center or any of our authorized agents.
The following items may not be carried in the checked baggage which passengers hand in to the cargo hold:
Easily flammable, inflammable, abrasive, poisonous, oxidant, explosive, radioactive, contagious, self-ignitable, reactive, substances which pose hazard when moistened and compressed gases, organic peroxides and Hazardous Items which contain these substances and other materials which are subject to inspection, explosives, capsules, detonating cords, caps, fuses, igniters, hand grenades, mines, propanes and butane gases, inflammable liquids such as gasoline, petrol, methanol, methyl alcohol and inflammable fluid substances and devices and tools like camping gas cylinders which contain these substances, inflammable solid substances, reactive items such as magnesium, firewood, fireworks, signal flares, sparklers, bleach, whiteners, oxidants such as repair equipments for car bodies, organic peroxides, rat poisons, poisonous or contagious substances like infected blood, radioactive substances including medical or commercial isotopes, mercury, car batteries, abrasives like vehicle fuel system components which contain fuel CANNOT BE CARRIED.
ATTENTION: All sharp objects inside checked baggages must be securely and safely packed in order to safeguard ground services personnel and other members of staff.
ATTENTION: Explosives such as paints, fireworks, firework crackers, items which have internal combustion engines such as power saws, model aircrafts, lawn mowers, radioactive substances may not be carried either as hand baggage on board or as checked baggage in the cargo hold!
Excess and Overweight baggage can be purchased online at a discounted rate. Denominations of 5, 10, and 20kg are available.
If you have more than 20kg/44lbs of excess baggage, you will be charged the higher airport rate.+ Show Full Policy
Any baggage or hand luggage exceeding the free baggage allowance will be charged at the rates below and may be paid for up to 4 hours prior to the flight on our website, by contacting our Call Center or any of our authorized agents.
- The maximum excess baggage allowance you may purchase is 20 kg. The fees are divided into 5 kg, 10 kg and 20 kg blocks. Payment is at the rates that appear on the table below on our website
- In the event of your baggage exceeding the free baggage allowance of 15 kg on domestic flights and 20 kg on international flights and no excess baggage allowance having been purchased prior to the flight passengers will be required to pay the excess baggage fee at the airport.
- No excess baggage allowance may be purchased for infants.
- In the event that there is more than one person on the PNR each passenger must purchase their own separate excess baggage allowance.
- Any baggage allowance purchased is not transferable.
- In the event of a reservation change any excess baggage allowance purchased is automatically transferred to the new flight. Any differences in fees will be charged or refunded.
- In the event that a flight is cancelled any excess baggage allowance fee is automatically refunded. No baggage refunds are made unless the flight is cancelled.
- For our passengers who have purchased Advantage or Extra Packages, the excess baggage allowance included in the package will be added to the free baggage allowance at no extra cost. Our passengers who have purchased Advantage or Extra Packages and who wish to purchase additional baggage allowance in excess of their package entitlement may only do so at the airport.
Click here for detailed information about Advantage and Extra Packages.
- From 8 July, in the event that passengers continuing from international to domestic lines or vice versa pay their excess baggage fees at the airport, 1 Euro per kilo for each passenger will be added to the international flight for the domestic flight.
- For connecting flights from international to domestic lines and vice versa the free baggage allowance for international lines applies.
- For connecting flights from international to domestic lines and vice versa and international to international lines the fees for any excess baggage or hand luggage may be paid for at cheaper rates via our website, our Call Center and authorized agents up to 4 hours prior to the flight. You will be charged the total fees for all lines. E.G: 1 kg of excess baggage for a connecting flight from Adana to Istanbul that continues to Rome will be charged up to 4 hours prior to the flight as follows: Adana - Istanbul: 3 TRY + Istanbul - Rome 3 EURO, making a total of 3 TRY + 3 EURO. For connecting flights from domestic lines to domestic lines, from Turkey to Nicosia and from Nicosia to Turkey you may make payments for any excess luggage or hand luggage at reduced rates via our website, Call Center or authorized agents up to 4 hours prior to the flight. In this event only the fee for the departure line is payable.
- For passengers departing/arriving from FRANCE, SWEDEN and ITALY, from 01.10.2013, airport excess baggage fees have increased to EUR 6 per kilo.
- From 01 December 2013 airport excess baggage fees will be modified. With the exception of transfer passengers, the fee on domestic lines will increase from 5 to 6 TRY and the excess baggage fee on lines to and from Germany, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Denmark, Georgia, Holland, Irak, Iran, Israel, Switzerland, Kazakstan, Kirgizstan, Lebanon, Russia-Krasnodar, Russia-Sochi, Ukraine and Greece will increase from 5 to 6 TRY. The change will apply equally to flights purchased prior to 01 December 2013.
New Excess Tariff for Turkey and Northern Cyprus Beyond - International Beyond
|Archery Equipment - Bows and Arrows||Pegasus Airlines Archery Equipment - Bows and Arrows Policy||All Airline's Archery Equipment - Bows and Arrows Policies|
|Bikes||Pegasus Airlines Bikes Policy||All Airline's Bikes Policies|
|Fishing Equipment||Pegasus Airlines Fishing Equipment Policy||All Airline's Fishing Equipment Policies|
|Golf Clubs||Pegasus Airlines Golf Clubs Policy||All Airline's Golf Clubs Policies|
|Kayaks||Pegasus Airlines Kayaks Policy||All Airline's Kayaks Policies|
|Kitesurfing Equipment||Pegasus Airlines Kitesurfing Equipment Policy||All Airline's Kitesurfing Equipment Policies|
|SCUBA Diving Equipment||Pegasus Airlines SCUBA Diving Equipment Policy||All Airline's SCUBA Diving Equipment Policies|
|Skis||Pegasus Airlines Skis Policy||All Airline's Skis Policies|
|Snowboards||Pegasus Airlines Snowboards Policy||All Airline's Snowboards Policies|
|Surfboards||Pegasus Airlines Surfboards Policy||All Airline's Surfboards Policies|
|Windsurfing Equipment||Pegasus Airlines Windsurfing Equipment Policy||All Airline's Windsurfing Equipment Policies|